Get an overview of this hotelCasual family hotel overlooking the Riverwalk
Popular property highlights
Located in San Antonio (Downtown San Antonio), El Tropicano Riverwalk Hotel is minutes from Tobin Center for the Performing Arts and Vietnam War Memorial.
This hotel is close to Alamo and River Walk.
Make yourself at home in one of the 306 air-conditioned rooms featuring refrigerators. Complimentary wireless Internet access keeps you connected, and cable programming is available for your entertainment. Conveniences include desks and coffee/tea makers, and housekeeping is provided daily.
Don't miss out on recreational opportunities including a health club and an outdoor pool. Additional features at this hotel include complimentary wireless Internet access, concierge services, and gift shops/newsstands.
Enjoy a meal at a restaurant or in a coffee shop/café. Or stay in and take advantage of the hotel's room service (during limited hours). Relax with your favorite drink at a bar/lounge or a poolside bar. Breakfast is available for a fee.
Featured amenities include a 24-hour business center, express check-out, and complimentary newspapers in the lobby. Planning an event in San Antonio? This hotel has 37000 square feet (3437 square meters) of space consisting of conference space and meeting rooms. Self parking (subject to charges) is available onsite.Information missing or incorrect? Tell us!Opens in a new window
El Tropicano Riverwalk Hotel
El Tropicano Riverwalk Hotel opened in 1962 and is inspired by the Acapulco beach resorts of the time. Located in the heart of the Riverwalk, guests are a short walk away from the restaurants and clubs of the Riverwalk's original section and South Bank, as well as from the dining and shopping in the newer Museum Reach section. Other attractions, such as the Alamo, Market Square, HemisFair Park, and Tower of the Americas are also nearby, accessible by foot or by San Antonio’s river taxis, which provide on-and-off access for El Tropicano guests.
The hotel offers an outdoor pool surrounded by a spacious courtyard, fitness center, restaurant, and lounge. Guests at El Tropicano Riverwalk Hotel can enjoy the complimentary wireless Internet access available throughout the hotel.
Business guests at El Tropicano Riverwalk Hotel will appreciate the 24-hour business center and 36,995 sq feet (3,437 sq meters) of meeting room space for up to 1,000 people.
This hotel welcomes small dogs.
- Outdoor pool
- Free newspapers in lobby
- Use of nearby fitness center (discount)
- Breakfast available (surcharge)
- Conference space
- Total number of rooms - 306
- Multilingual staff
- 24-hour front desk
- Express check-out
- Safe-deposit box at front desk
- Number of floors - 9
- Gift shops or newsstand
- Laundry facilities
- Dry cleaning/laundry service
- Coffee shop or café
- Concierge services
- Health club
- Computer station
- Free WiFi
- Meeting rooms 13
- Valet parking (surcharge)
- Rooftop terrace
- Poolside bar
- Luggage storage
- Self parking (surcharge)
- Conference space size (meters) - 3437
- Number of meeting rooms - 19
- 24-hour business center
- Conference space size (feet) - 37000
- Smoke-free property
- Television in common areas
- Wedding services
Family Friendly Amenities
- Family Hotel
- Outdoor pool
- Free Wi-Fi
- Laundry facilities
- Cribs/infant beds (complimentary)
Available in all rooms: Free WiFi
Available in some public areas: Free WiFi
Self parking (surcharge), Valet parking (surcharge)
- Premium TV channels
- Room service (limited hours)
- In-room climate control (air conditioning)
- Air conditioning
- Coffee/tea maker
- Daily housekeeping
- Hair dryer
- Iron/ironing board
- Cable TV service
- Free WiFi
- Free cribs/infant beds
- Rollaway/extra beds (surcharge)
Where to Eat
Mangos - Open for buffet breakfast daily. Menu features scrambled eggs, applewood smoked bacon, sausages, and pancakes.
Expreso - Espresso bar located just off the lobby area with Riverwalk views. Guests can sip a latte or a smoothie, or enjoy lunch or dinner on the terrace. Menu includes sandwiches, salads, and grilled items.
Room service is available during limited hours.
Nearby Things to Do
The hotel offers a fitness center with cardio equipment and a weight machine, as well as an outdoor pool.
The recreational activities listed below are available either on site or near the hotel; fees may apply.
If you have requests for specific accessibility needs, please note them at check-out when you book your room.
- Accessible bathroom
- Roll-in shower
- In-room accessibility
Check-in time starts at 4 PM
Check-in time ends at midnight
Minimum check-in age is 21
Check-out time is noon
Children and extra beds
- Children are welcome.
- Kids stay free! Children 17 years old and younger stay free when using existing bedding.
- Rollaway/extra beds are available for USD 10 per night.
- Free cribs (infant beds)!
- Pets allowed for an extra charge of USD 75.00 per pet, per stay, plus a deposit of USD 75.00 per stay
- Dogs only
- 1 per room (up to 25 lb)
You need to know
Extra-person charges may apply and vary depending on property policy.
Government-issued photo identification and a credit card or cash deposit are required at check-in for incidental charges.
Special requests are subject to availability upon check-in and may incur additional charges. Special requests cannot be guaranteed.
- Breakfast fee: USD 10.95 for adults and USD 3.95 for children (approximately)
- Self parking fee: USD 16.95 per day (in/out privileges)
- Valet parking fee: USD 21.95 per day (in/out privileges)
- Pet deposit: USD 75.00 per stay
- Pet fee: USD 75.00 per pet, per stay
- An early check-in fee will be charged
- Rollaway bed fee: USD 10 per night
- El Tropicano
- El Tropicano Hotel
- El Tropicano Hotel Riverwalk
- El Tropicano Riverwalk
- El Tropicano Riverwalk Hotel
- Hotel El Tropicano
- Hotel Tropicano
- Tropicano Hotel
- Tropicano Hotel Riverwalk
- Tropicano Riverwalk
- El Tropicano Riverwalk Hotel San Antonio
- El Tropicano Riverwalk San Antonio
We should mention
Children 17 years old and younger stay free when occupying the parent or guardian's room, using existing bedding.