Get an overview of this hotelHistoric landmark in heart of downtown Denver
With a stay at The Brown Palace Hotel and Spa, Autograph Collection, you'll be centrally located in Denver, steps from Paramount Theater and minutes from Lucky Strike.
This 4.5-star hotel is within close proximity of Wells Fargo Center and Civic Center Park.
Make yourself at home in one of the 241 air-conditioned rooms featuring minibars and LCD televisions. Cable programming provides entertainment, and wired and wireless Internet access is available for a surcharge. Private bathrooms with shower/tub combinations feature designer toiletries and hair dryers. Conveniences include phones, as well as laptop-compatible safes and desks.
Pamper yourself with a visit to the spa, which offers body treatments and facials. You're sure to appreciate the recreational amenities, including a steam room and a fitness center. Additional features at this hotel include wireless Internet access (surcharge), concierge services, and gift shops/newsstands.
Enjoy a meal at one of the hotel's dining establishments, which include 3 restaurants and a coffee shop/café. From your room, you can also access 24-hour room service. Relax with a refreshing drink at one of the 3 bars/lounges.
Featured amenities include high-speed (wired) Internet access (surcharge), a 24-hour business center, and limo/town car service. Planning an event in Denver? This hotel has 13,000 square feet (1 square meters) of space consisting of conference space and meeting rooms. Self parking (subject to charges) is available onsite.Information missing or incorrect? Tell us!Opens in a new window
The Brown Palace Hotel and Spa, Autograph Collection
The Brown Palace & Spa's illustrious guests have ranged from heads of state to The Beatles. Dating to 1892, this historic luxury hotel was inspired by first-class East Coast hotels of the 19th century. Below the soaring ceiling of the atrium lounge, guests enjoy afternoon tea, or evening cocktails and live music. Dining options include formal and casual options; Palace Arms restaurant features over 900 wines, and Ellyngtons restaurant presents Sunday Champagne brunch, with pastries from the onsite bakery. At The Spa at the Brown Palace, guests can relax with custom body and beauty treatments, including massages and soaks in the hotel's artesian well water. A full-time concierge and a conference manager are on-staff. 12 function rooms provide 13,000 square feet of event space, and the hotel offers a business center, audiovisual equipment, and wireless Internet access in the lobby.
- WiFi (surcharge)
- Full-service spa
- Steam room
- Free newspapers in lobby
- Free use of nearby fitness center
- Fitness facilities
- Limo or Town Car service available
- Conference space
- Coffee/tea in common areas
- Total number of rooms - 241
- 24-hour front desk
- Safe-deposit box at front desk
- Dry cleaning/laundry service
- Gift shops or newsstand
- Shopping on site
- Hair salon
- Valet parking (surcharge)
- Number of bars/lounges - 3
- Breakfast available (surcharge)
- Coffee shop or café
- Concierge services
- Express check-in
- Express check-out
- Wired (high-speed) Internet access - surcharge
- Tours/ticket assistance
- Number of floors - 9
- Meeting rooms 19
- Multilingual staff
- Luggage storage
- Number of restaurants - 3
- 24-hour business center
- Conference space size (feet) - 13,000
- Conference space size (meters) - 1
- Self parking (surcharge)
- Smoke-free property
- Spa services on site
- Wedding services
- Year Built 1892
- Number of buildings/towers - 1
Available in all rooms: Wireless internet access ( USD 12.95 per night ), Wired internet access ( USD 12.95 per night )
Available in some public areas: Wireless internet access ( USD 12.95 per night ), Wired high-speed internet ( USD 12.95 per night )
Self parking (surcharge), Valet parking (surcharge)
- Refrigerator (on request)
- Blackout drapes/curtains
- Cable TV service
- WiFi (surcharge)
- Wired high-speed Internet access (surcharge)
- In-room safe (laptop compatible)
- Down comforter
- LCD TV
- Free cribs/infant beds
- Private bathroom
- Coffee/tea maker
- Pay movies
- Hypo-allergenic bedding available
- Room service (24 hours)
- Air conditioning
- Free weekday newspaper
- Daily housekeeping
- Turndown service
- Premium bedding
- Designer toiletries
- Free toiletries
- Hair dryer
- Shower/tub combination
- Iron/ironing board
- In-room climate control (air conditioning)
- Rollaway/extra beds (surcharge)
- Connecting/adjoining rooms available
Where to Eat
Palace Arms - Formal service, large portions, a 900-choice wine selection, and a chef who presents each dish to the guests are hallmarks of this quiet restaurant, decorated with antiques dating from 1670—including a pair of dueling pistols said to have belonged to Napoleon and Louisa—and furnished with meticulously set tables, red-leather booths, and 22 replicas of revolutionary battle flags.
Churchill Bar - Located off the atrium and across from the Palace Arms, this cigar bar is a quiet hideaway with red-leather wingback chairs and sofa, a library, and premium spirits, including single-malt scotches and small-batch bourbons. Lunch and hors d'oeuvres are also served.
Ship Tavern - Lunch and dinner are served at this casual restaurant and bar, which evokes early American waterfront taverns, with its crow's nest in the center of the room, model Clipper ships, and nautical decor. Onion soup, prime rib, seafood, signature beers, and the piano cabaret are highlights.
Ellyngton's - The Brown Palace's main dining room—a curved room with windows overlooking Denver's financial district—serves breakfast, lunch, and dinner, and is known locally as the place where power brokers make deals.
Champagne Brunch - Guests can choose from four tiers: Brunch only, or brunch plus Domaine Chandon, Moet et Chandon, or Dom Perignon Champagne. Advanced reservations recommended.
Traditional Afternoon Tea - Scones, pastries, and tea sandwiches. Devonshire cream shipped directly from England. Music of a harpist or pianist provided.
Atrium Cocktails and Tapas - Live music and cocktails. Drinks can be enjoyed with tapas Thursday through Saturday.
Nearby Things to Do
Guests enjoy access to the Brown Palace Hotel's fitness club, which offers cardiovascular and strength-training equipment, free weights, televisions, towels, and floor-to-ceiling windows with city views. For a discounted fee, they also have use of the facilities at an athletic club six blocks away.
The South Platte Valley, a sprawling area less than one mile northwest of downtown Denver, features a river lined with bike paths and parks. The river is popular for floating and kayaking.
The 314-acre City Park, less than five miles away, contains a golf course, tennis courts, horseshoes, baseball, football and soccer fields, two lakes, picnic sites, playgrounds, and the Denver Zoo and Denver Museum of Nature and Science.
The recreational activities listed below are available either at or near the hotel; fees may apply.
- Golfing nearby
- Kayaking nearby
- Sailing nearby
- Bicycle rentals nearby
The elegant Spa at the Brown Palace is a 2-level retreat with 6 treatment rooms, including a manicure/pedicure room and the Couples' VIP Suite. Separate locker rooms for men and women offer relaxation areas, Swiss showers, steam rooms, and aromatherapy. Decor throughout incorporates natural rock waterfalls, taking advantage of the hotel's artesian well. Guests can enjoy a light lunch or snack with their treatments.
The Artesian Plunge Soak, the Athletic Touch massage, and the Sea Mint Body Masque are among the many treatments available at the spa. Facials are customized for seasonal needs and incorporate Auriège Paris products.
- Hot stone massage
- Deep tissue massage
- Swedish massage
- Prenatal massage
- Detoxification wrap
- Couples treatment rooms
- Manicures and pedicures
- Body wraps
- Body scrubs
- Aromatherapy treatments
- Hydrotherapy treatments
- Spa tub in spa
- Body treatments
- Facial treatments
If you have requests for specific accessibility needs, please note them at check-out when you book your room.
- Accessible bathroom
- Roll-in shower
- In-room accessibility
Minimum check-in age is 18
Check-in time ends at 2 AM
Check-in time starts at 3 PM
Special check-in instructions:
Check-out time is noon
Children and extra beds
- Children are welcome.
- Kids stay free! Children 18 years old and younger stay free when using existing bedding.
- Rollaway/extra beds are available for USD 20.00 per night.
- Free cribs (infant beds)!
- Pets allowed for an extra charge of USD 100.00 per accommodation, per stay (maximum USD 100.00 per stay), plus a deposit of USD 100 per stay
- Dogs only
- 1 per room
- Restrictions apply
- For more information contact the property at the number on the booking confirmation
You need to know
Extra-person charges may apply and vary depending on property policy.
Government-issued photo identification and a credit card are required at check-in for incidental charges.
Special requests are subject to availability upon check-in and may incur additional charges. Special requests cannot be guaranteed.
- Deposit: USD 75.00 per night
- Fee for full breakfast: USD 16 for adults and USD 16 for children (approximately)
- Fee for in-room wireless Internet: USD 12.95 per night (rates may vary)
- Fee for in-room high-speed Internet (wired): USD 12.95 per night (rates may vary)
- Fee for wireless Internet in public areas: USD 12.95 per night (rates may vary)
- Fee for high-speed Internet (wired) in public areas: USD 12.95 per night (rates may vary)
- Self parking fee: USD 45 per day
- Valet parking fee: USD 45 per day (in/out privileges)
- Pet deposit: USD 100 per stay
- Pet fee: USD 100.00 per accommodation, per stay (maximum USD 100.00 per stay)
- Late check-out fee: USD 150.00
- Refrigerator fee: USD 15.00 per stay
- In-room microwave fee: USD 15.00 per stay
- Rollaway bed fee: USD 20.00 per night
- Brown Palace Autograph Collection
- Brown Palace Autograph Collection Denver
- Brown Palace Hotel Autograph Collection
- Brown Palace Hotel Autograph Collection Denver
We should mention
Children 18 years old and younger stay free when occupying the parent or guardian's room, using existing bedding. The property has connecting/adjoining rooms, which are subject to availability and can be requested by contacting the property using the number on the booking confirmation. Construction is underway at a neighboring building and there may be noise disturbance from the construction work. Guests can arrange to bring pets by contacting the property directly, using the contact information on the booking confirmation (surcharges apply and can be found in the Fees section).
Awards & Affiliations
- The Brown Palace Hotel and Spa, Autograph Collection is listed in the 2010 Travel + Leisure 500.
- The property is a member of Historic Hotels of America.