Get an overview of this hotel4-star hotel, walk to Winchester Cathedral
With a stay at Mercure Wessex Winchester Hotel, you'll be centrally located in Winchester, steps from Winchester Cathedral and 8 minutes by foot from Great Hall.
This 4-star hotel is 1.5 mi (2.3 km) from University of Winchester and 7.5 mi (12.1 km) from Marwell Zoo.
Stay in one of 94 guestrooms featuring flat-screen televisions. Complimentary wireless Internet access keeps you connected, and satellite programming is available for your entertainment. Conveniences include phones, as well as desks and coffee/tea makers.
Make use of convenient amenities, which include complimentary wireless Internet access and a banquet hall.
Satisfy your appetite for lunch or dinner at Wessex Restaurant, a restaurant which specializes in international cuisine, or stay in and take advantage of the room service (during limited hours). Wrap up your day with a drink at the bar/lounge. Full breakfasts are served on weekdays from 6:30 AM to 9:30 AM and on weekends from 7:30 AM to 10:30 AM for a fee.
Featured amenities include complimentary newspapers in the lobby, dry cleaning/laundry services, and a 24-hour front desk. Self parking (subject to charges) is available onsite.Information missing or incorrect? Tell us!Opens in a new window
Mercure Wessex Winchester Hotel
The hotel offers a restaurant. A bar/lounge is on site where guests can unwind with a drink. Public areas are equipped with complimentary wireless Internet access. This business-friendly hotel also offers complimentary newspapers in the lobby, dry cleaning/laundry services, and room service (during limited hours). Limited onsite parking is available on a first-come, first-served basis (surcharge).
Mercure Wessex Winchester Hotel is a smoke-free property.
- Safe-deposit box at front desk
- Conference space size (meters) - 2193
- Luggage storage
- Breakfast available (surcharge)
- 24-hour front desk
- Banquet hall
- Conference space
- Parking (limited spaces)
- Meeting rooms
- Year Built - 1964
- Total number of rooms - 94
- Number of floors - 2
- Dry cleaning/laundry service
- Free WiFi
- Self parking (surcharge)
- Number of buildings/towers - 1
- Smoke-free property
- Free newspapers in lobby
Available in all rooms: Free WiFi
Available in some public areas: Free WiFi
Self parking (surcharge), Parking (limited spaces)
- Connecting/adjoining rooms available
- Towels provided
- Linens provided
- Hair dryer
- Iron/ironing board
- Coffee/tea maker
- Daily housekeeping
- Private bathroom
- Satellite TV service
- Sofa bed
- Flat-panel TV
- Free WiFi
- Room service (limited hours)
Where to Eat
Full breakfasts are available for a surcharge on weekdays between 6:30 AM and 9:30 AM and on weekends between 7:30 AM and 10:30 AM.
Wessex Restaurant - This restaurant specializes in international cuisine and serves lunch and dinner.
Kings Lounge - This restaurant serves lunch, dinner, and light fare.
Room service (during limited hours) is available.
If you have requests for specific accessibility needs, please note them at check-out when you book your room.
- Accessible bathroom
Check-in time starts at 2 PM
Check-in time ends at 2 AM
Minimum check-in age is 18
Check-out time is noon
Children and extra beds
- Children are welcome.
- Rollaway/extra beds are not available.
- Cribs (infant beds) are not available.
- Pets allowed for an extra charge of GBP 10.00 per pet, per night
- Dogs and cats only
- 1 per room
You need to know
Extra-person charges may apply and vary depending on property policy.
Government-issued photo identification and a credit card, debit card, or cash deposit are required at check-in for incidental charges.
Special requests are subject to availability upon check-in and may incur additional charges. Special requests cannot be guaranteed.
- Minimum Spring Break check-in age is 18 years old.
- The name on the credit card used at check-in to pay for incidentals must be the primary name on the guestroom reservation. Please note that cultural norms and guest policies may differ by country and by property. The policies listed are provided by the property.
Only service animals are allowed
Noise-free rooms not guaranteed
No rollaway/extra beds available
No cribs (infant beds) available
Parking height restrictions apply
- Fee for full breakfast: GBP 15.5 per person (approximately)
- Self parking fee: GBP 12.00 per night
- Pet fee: GBP 10.00 per pet, per night
- Hotel Mercure Winchester
- Hotel Wessex Winchester
- Mercure Wessex Hotel Winchester
- Wessex Hotel Winchester
- Wessex Mercure
- Wessex Mercure Hotel Winchester
- Wessex Winchester
- Wessex Winchester Hotel
- Winchester Wessex
- Winchester Wessex Hotel
- Mercure Wessex Winchester
- Mercure Wessex Winchester Hotel Winchester
- Mercure Wessex
- Mercure Winchester
- Mercure Wessex Winchester Hotel
We should mention
Only registered guests are allowed in the guestrooms. The property has connecting/adjoining rooms, which are subject to availability and can be requested by contacting the property using the number on the booking confirmation. Parking height restrictions apply.