Translation is not available.
CheapTickets Verified Reviews
Get an overview of this hotelRestored landmark hotel in downtown San Francisco
Popular property highlights
With a stay at Palace Hotel, a Luxury Collection Hotel, San Francisco, you'll be centrally located in San Francisco, steps from Academy of Art University and minutes from San Francisco Museum of Modern Art.
This 5-star hotel is close to Lombard Street and Pier 39.
Make yourself at home in one of the 556 air-conditioned rooms featuring flat-screen televisions. Satellite programming provides entertainment, and wired and wireless Internet access is available for a surcharge. Private bathrooms with shower/tub combinations feature designer toiletries and hair dryers. Conveniences include phones, as well as laptop-compatible safes and desks.
Don't miss out on the many recreational opportunities, including an indoor pool, a spa tub, and a fitness center. Additional amenities at this hotel include wireless Internet access (surcharge), concierge services, and shopping on site.
Grab a bite at one of the hotel's 2 restaurants, or stay in and take advantage of 24-hour room service. Relax with a refreshing drink at one of the 2 bars/lounges. Cooked-to-order breakfasts are available for a fee.
Featured amenities include wired Internet access (surcharge), a business center, and limo/town car service. Planning an event in San Francisco? This hotel has 53000 square feet (4924 square meters) of space consisting of a conference center and meeting rooms.Information missing or incorrect? Tell us! Opens in a new window.
Palace Hotel, a Luxury Collection Hotel, San Francisco
This historic downtown San Francisco hotel is just a block from the Financial District and numerous walkable attractions. Union Square, designer boutiques, the Embarcadero, and many cultural locations are within a 15-minute walk.
Renovated in 2015, this San Francisco Palace Hotel - Luxury Collection is a member of the Luxury Collection, which includes more than 100 Starwood hotels and resorts around the world. In its newest incarnation, elements of the historic 1909 construction blend with modern style and convenience. The San Fransico Palace Hotel boasts fine dining in the Garden Court and Pied Piper, along with classic drinks in the GC Lounge. The health club features a skylit pool and spa tub with chaise loungers and marble-clad changing rooms. Onsite fitness offerings also include cardio machines and weight racks. Internet access is available in public areas for a fee.
Guests can relax in the hotel's 556 elegant guestrooms, which boast spacious 11-foot ceilings. Beds feature luxurious headboards, pillowtop mattresses, Frette sheets, and down duvets. Wireless Internet access is available for a fee, and each room contains a laptop-compatible safe. Entertainment amenities include 48-inch flat-panel TVs. Ensuite marble bathrooms include designer toiletries, bathrobes, and slippers. All rooms include refrigerators, and in-room dining is available 24 hours a day.
- Express check-in
- Coffee/tea in common areas
- Number of bars/lounges - 2
- Fitness facilities
- Indoor pool
- 24-hour front desk
- Business center
- Conference space
- Express check-out
- Meeting rooms 20
- Year Built 1875
- Dry cleaning/laundry service
- WiFi (surcharge)
- Valet parking (surcharge)
- Limo or Town Car service available
- Wired Internet access - surcharge
- Smoke-free property
- Safe-deposit box at front desk
- Conference space size (meters) - 4924
- Luggage storage
- Breakfast available (surcharge)
- Number of restaurants - 2
- Concierge services
- Conference space size (feet) - 53000
- Conference center
- Shopping on site
- Spa tub
- Total number of rooms - 556
- Number of floors - 8
- Number of buildings/towers - 1
- Wedding services
- Multilingual staff
- Free newspapers in lobby
Available in all rooms: Wired high-speed internet ( USD 15.99 per 24-hour period ), Wired high-speed internet ( USD 15.99 per 24-hour period )
Available in some public areas: Wired high-speed internet ( USD 8.00 per hour ), Wired high-speed internet ( USD 8 per hour )
Valet parking (surcharge)
- Air conditioning
- Designer toiletries
- Private bathroom
- Blackout drapes/curtains
- Satellite TV service
- WiFi (surcharge)
- Wired Internet access (surcharge)
- Free bottled water
- In-room climate control (air conditioning)
- Free weekday newspaper
- Free toiletries
- Hair dryer
- Daily housekeeping
- Iron/ironing board
- In-room safe (laptop compatible)
- Flat-panel TV
- Pay movies
- Premium bedding
- Shower/tub combination
- Room service (24 hours)
- Frette Italian sheets
- Connecting/adjoining rooms available
- Free cribs/infant beds
Where to Eat
Garden Court - Majestic, atrium-style dining room with soaring stained-glass dome, lush greenery, and Austrian crystal chandeliers. Breakfast and lunch are served daily from Monday-Saturday, the City Brunch is served à la carte on Sundays, and a buffet brunch is provided on certain holidays. A relaxed and elegant tea time, the Signature Tea, is prepared every Saturday afternoon from 2 PM to 5 PM.
GC Lounge - Enjoy signature cocktails and small bites at this stylish contemporary lounge. Open evenings from Monday-Sunday from 5 PM to 10 PM, and for Tea Time on Sunday-Friday.
Pied Piper - Home of the Maxfield Parrish mural The Pied Piper of Hamelin was commissioned as a gift to San Francisco to honor the hotel's reopening in 1909. Serving innovative cocktails, craft beers, bold wines and shareable artisan cuisine - the Pied Piper, a San Francisco legend with contemporary style is the perfect place for a romantic dining experience or a social celebration. Polished dark woods and coffered ceiling bring to mind a San Francisco gentlemen's club of the early 1900s.
Nearby Things to Do
Located on the fourth floor, health offerings feature a skylit lap pool, a spa tub, and a fitness center. Relaxing chaise loungers and stone accents surround the pool, and the marble-clad changing rooms include spa showers and large mirrors.
Fitness equipment includes a selection of cardio machines, spin bikes, and weight racks.
The Palace is about 4.5 miles from the historic Presidio Golf Course, rejuvenated under the supervision of Arnold Palmer Golf Management.
The recreational activities listed below are available either on site or near the hotel; fees may apply.
- Golfing nearby
- Sailing nearby
- Scooter/moped rentals nearby
If you have requests for specific accessibility needs, please note them at check-out when you book your room.
- Accessible bathroom
- Roll-in shower
- In-room accessibility
Check-in time starts at 4 PM
Check-out time is 11 AM
Children and extra beds
- Children are welcome.
- Kids stay free! Up to 2 children 17 years old and younger stay free when using existing bedding.
- Rollaway/extra beds are available for USD 55 per day.
- Free cribs (infant beds)!
- Pets allowed for an extra charge of USD 75.00 per accommodation, per night
- Dogs only
- 1 per room (up to 15.00 lb)
- Specific rooms only, restrictions apply
- Pet-friendly rooms can be requested by contacting the property at the number on the booking confirmation
You need to know
Extra-person charges may apply and vary depending on property policy.
- Breakfast fee: between USD 20 and USD 150 per person (approximately)
- Fee for in-room wireless Internet: USD 15.99 per 24-hour period (rates may vary)
- Fee for in-room wired Internet: USD 15.99 per 24-hour period (rates may vary)
- Fee for wireless Internet in public areas: USD 8.00 per hour (rates may vary)
- Fee for wired Internet in public areas: USD 8 per hour (rates may vary)
- Valet parking fee: USD $72 to $84 per day (in/out privileges)
- Pet fee: USD 75.00 per accommodation, per night
- Rollaway bed fee: USD 55 per day
- Palace Hotel Luxury Collection
- Palace Hotel Luxury Collection San Francisco
- Palace Luxury Collection
- Palace Luxury Collection San Francisco
- Palace Hotel Luxury Collection Hotel San Francisco
- Palace Hotel Luxury Collection Hotel
We should mention
Up to 2 children 17 years old and younger stay free when occupying the parent or guardian's room, using existing bedding. The property has connecting/adjoining rooms, which are subject to availability and can be requested by contacting the property using the number on the booking confirmation. The property allows pets in specific rooms only and has other pet restrictions (surcharges apply and can be found in the Fees section). Guests can arrange to bring pets by contacting the property directly, using the contact information on the booking confirmation.
Awards & Affiliations
- The property is a member of Historic Hotels of America.