CheapTickets Verified Reviews
Get an overview of this hotelLuxurious Austin hotel in downtown Austin
Popular property highlights
A stay at InterContinental Stephen F. Austin places you in the heart of Austin, steps from Sixth Street and Paramount Theater.
This 4-star hotel is 0.5 mi (0.8 km) from Lady Bird Lake and 0.5 mi (0.9 km) from Texas State Capitol.
Make yourself at home in one of the 190 air-conditioned rooms featuring iPod docking stations and minibars. Your pillowtop bed comes with down comforters and premium bedding, and all rooms are furnished with queen sofa beds. 50-inch LCD televisions with premium TV channels provide entertainment, with wired and wireless Internet access available for a surcharge. Private bathrooms with shower/tub combinations feature designer toiletries and hair dryers.
Be sure to enjoy recreational amenities, including an indoor pool, a spa tub, and a 24-hour fitness center. This Beaux Arts hotel also features wireless Internet access (surcharge), concierge services, and gift shops/newsstands.
Enjoy regional cuisine at Roaring Fork, one of the hotel's 3 restaurants, or stay in and take advantage of the 24-hour room service. Quench your thirst with your favorite drink at the bar/lounge. Full breakfasts are available daily from 6 AM to 11 AM for a fee.
Featured amenities include wired Internet access (surcharge), a business center, and express check-in. Planning an event in Austin? This hotel features 6000 square feet (557 square meters) of event facilities.
InterContinental Stephen F. Austin
InterContinental Stephen F. Austin features a bar with terrace seating. This Austin hotel also has a health club, which includes an indoor pool, a spa tub, and fitness equipment. A business center is on site; wireless high-speed Internet access is available for a surcharge. 6 meeting rooms offer 6000 sq. ft of meeting space. This smoke-free hotel offers multilingual staff, translation, currency exchange, and secretarial services. Newspapers are complimentary.
- Express check-in
- Coffee/tea in common areas
- Indoor pool
- 24-hour front desk
- Business center
- Express check-out
- Tours/ticket assistance
- Meeting rooms
- Year Built 1924
- Dry cleaning/laundry service
- WiFi (surcharge)
- Valet parking (surcharge)
- Wired Internet access - surcharge
- Smoke-free property
- Safe-deposit box at front desk
- Conference space size (meters) - 557
- Luggage storage
- Breakfast available (surcharge)
- Number of restaurants - 3
- Concierge services
- Conference space size (feet) - 6000
- Gift shops or newsstand
- Spa tub
- Total number of rooms - 190
- 24-hour fitness facilities
- Number of floors - 16
- Number of buildings/towers - 1
- Multilingual staff
- Free newspapers in lobby
Family Friendly Amenities
- Family Hotel
- Indoor pool
- Sofa bed
- Cribs/infant beds (complimentary)
Available in all rooms: Wired high-speed internet ( USD 14.95 per day ), Wired high-speed internet ( USD 14.95 per day )
Available in some public areas: Wired high-speed internet ( USD 14.95 per day ), Wired high-speed internet ( USD 14.95 per stay )
Valet parking (surcharge)
- Premium TV channels
- Premium bedding
- Hypo-allergenic bedding available
- Air conditioning
- Free newspaper
- In-room climate control (air conditioning)
- Free local calls
- Coffee/tea maker
- Free bottled water
- Daily housekeeping
- Turndown service
- Designer toiletries
- Private bathroom
- Free toiletries
- Hair dryer
- Shower/tub combination
- Iron/ironing board
- In-room safe
- Sofa bed
- Blackout drapes/curtains
- Digital TV service
- WiFi (surcharge)
- Wired Internet access (surcharge)
- MP3 docking station
- iPod docking station
- Number of bathrooms -
- In-room massage available
- Room service (24 hours)
- LCD TV
- Free cribs/infant beds
- Sofa bed size
- Connecting/adjoining rooms available
- Rollaway/extra beds (free)
- Down comforter
- Pillowtop mattress
Where to Eat
Stephen F’s Bar & Terrace - With an extensive martini and wine list, this Texas Chic venue features a hand-tooled leather bar, cowhide bar stools, overstuffed chairs, and a mounted longhorn. Indoor and outdoor terrace dining are available. Located on the 2nd floor.
The Terrace - Offering 2nd floor outdoor seating, live entertainment, and a menu of wine, liquor, appetizers, martinis, and cigars, this extension of Stephen F's Bar overlooks Congress Avenue and 7th Street.
Roaring Fork - Serving lunch and dinner, this American Western Bistro and Saloon (closed for lunch on Saturday and Sunday) is located on the hotel's lobby level.
Nearby Things to Do
The InterContinental Stephen F. Austin features an indoor lap pool and an adjacent spa tub. Cardio and strength equipment comes with individual TVs and CD players in the 24 hour fitness facilities.
The recreational activities listed below are available either on site or nearby; fees may apply.
If you have requests for specific accessibility needs, please note them at check-out when you book your room.
- Accessible bathroom
- Roll-in shower
- In-room accessibility
Check-in time starts at 3 PM
Check-in time ends at midnight
Check-out time is noon
Children and extra beds
- Children are welcome.
- Kids stay free! Children stay free when using existing bedding.
- Free rollaway/extra beds!
- Free cribs (infant beds)!
- Pets allowed for an extra charge of USD 100.00 per accommodation, per stay, plus a deposit of USD 100.00 per stay
You need to know
Extra-person charges may apply and vary depending on property policy.
- Please note that cultural norms and guest policies may differ by country and by property. The policies listed are provided by the property.
- Deposit: USD 80.00 per stay
- Fee for in-room wireless Internet: USD 14.95 per day (rates may vary)
- Fee for in-room wired Internet: USD 14.95 per day (rates may vary)
- Fee for wireless Internet in public areas: USD 14.95 per day (rates may vary)
- Fee for wired Internet in public areas: USD 14.95 per stay (rates may vary)
- Valet parking fee: USD 42.00 per night (in/out privileges)
- Pet deposit: USD 100.00 per stay
- Pet fee: USD 100.00 per accommodation, per stay
- Austin InterContinental
- InterContinental Austin
- InterContinental F.
- InterContinental Stephen Austin
- InterContinental Stephen F.
- InterContinental Stephen F. Austin
- InterContinental Stephen F. Hotel
- InterContinental Stephen F. Hotel Austin
- Stephen Austin InterContinental
- Stephen F. Austin InterContinental
- Intercontinental Stephen f. Austin Hotel Austin
- InterContinental Stephen F. Austin Hotel
We should mention
The property has connecting/adjoining rooms, which are subject to availability and can be requested by contacting the property using the number on the booking confirmation.