Follow these simple steps and you could win your next flight + hotel for free!*
How to enter the sweeps:
1. Go to our new tool, the Vacation Value Finder.
2. Book a flight + hotel.
3. That’s it!
Must book between January 14 and January 30, 2019.
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY
Our new tool helps you uncover your perfect trip. Beach or city? Romantic or family-friendly? Search by budget, vacation type, and more to find exactly what you’re looking for. Happy searching!
CheapTickets’ ”Your Next Getaway Giveaway” Sweepstakes
No Purchase Necessary. A Purchase Will Not Increase Your Chances of Winning.
Information on how to enter, the prizes and rules for redeeming the prizes form part of the terms and conditions of entry for the Sweepstakes. Participation in the Sweepstakes is deemed to be acceptance of these official rules (“Official Rules”) and any other notices referenced herein.
In these Official Rules, the term “you” refers to any person who enters, or who wishes to enter, the Promotion.
1. Eligibility: The CheapTickets “Your Next Getaway Giveaway” Sweepstakes (“Sweepstakes”) is open only to legal residents of the United States who are at least eighteen (18) years old or older at the time of entry and who otherwise meet the requirements set out in these Official Rules. Employees of CheapTickets (“CheapTickets”) and its parent companies, subsidiaries, affiliates, promotion and advertising agencies, as well as the immediate family (spouse, parents, siblings, and children) and household members of those employees are not eligible to enter.
2. Sponsor: The Sweepstakes is sponsored by Orbitz Worldwide, LLC, 500 West Madison Street, Suite 700, Chicago, IL 60661 (“Sponsor”).
3. Agreement to Official Rules: By entering, you indicate your full and unconditional agreement to (a) these Official Rules and (b) Sponsor’s decisions, which are final and binding. Winning a prize is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements set forth herein.
4. Sweepstakes Period: The Sweepstakes begins at 12:01 AM Central Time (CT) on January 14, 2019 and ends at 11:59 PM CT on January 30, 2019 (the “Sweepstakes Period”). Sponsor’s computer is the official time-keeping device for the Sweepstakes.
5. How to Enter: NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. There are two (2) ways to enter, as follows:
A. Qualifying Purchase: If you book and purchase a trip (consisting of a flight + hotel) using the Vacation Value Finder on CheapTickets.com (the “Website”) at any time during the Sweepstakes Period (as determined by the Sponsor in its sole and absolute discretion on the basis of its official records) (collectively, a “Qualifying Purchase”), you will automatically receive one (1) entry (an “Entry”) into the Draw (defined below). The Draw will be for a Prize that consists of the reimbursement of a confirmed winner’s Qualifying Purchase, up to a total maximum value of $2,500 USD (including taxes and fees; however, excluding baggage fees and any other fees not payable at the time of booking) (the “Maximum Prize Value”). Notwithstanding the foregoing, any purchase that is subsequently refunded (except by way of a Prize award in this Sweepstakes) or cancelled will not qualify as a Qualifying Purchase. If you make a Qualifying Purchase, you agree to being automatically entered into the Sweepstakes and allowing the collection and use of your name, date of birth, full mailing address, phone number and email address (as provided at the time of completing your Qualifying Purchase) by the Sponsor for the purpose of administering this Sweepstakes. If you do not want to be automatically entered into the Sweepstakes pursuant to the terms of this section, email OrbitzBrandMarketing@expedia.com prior to the end of the Sweepstakes Period and your Qualifying Purchase will not be considered for the purpose administering the Sweepstakes.
B. Mail-in Request: To enter without having to make a Qualifying Purchase, write your first name, last name, full mailing address, phone number, and email address, and one (1) sentence describing your favorite activity or attraction to do while in your favorite city on a piece of paper and mail it to: “CheapTickets’ Your Next Getaway Giveaway” Sweepstakes, 500 West Madison Street, Suite 700, Chicago, IL 60661 (collectively, a “Mail-in Request”). Mail-in Requests must be postmarked during the Sweepstakes Period and received by close of business on February 8, 2019. Please note that a response acknowledging receipt of your Mail-in Request will not be sent. The Released Parties are not responsible for late, lost, misdirected, delayed, incomplete or illegible Mail-in Requests (all of which are void).
There is a limit of one (1) Entry per person/email address (regardless of the method of entry). Any Entries received in excess of this limitation will be automatically disqualified and the Sponsor may, in its absolute discretion, disqualify such entrant’s participation in the Sweepstakes. Entries submitted by any other method other than the methods listed above will be automatically deemed invalid and will not be entered into the Sweepstakes. For greater certainty and the avoidance of any doubt, you can only use one (1) email address to enter the Sweepstakes. If it is discovered by the Sponsor (using any evidence or other information made available to or otherwise discovered by the Sponsor) that any person has attempted to: (i) obtain more than one (1) Entry per Sweepstakes Period; and/or (ii) use multiple names, identities, email addresses and/or any automated, macro, script, robotic or other system(s) or program(s) to enter or otherwise participate in or to disrupt this Sweepstakes; then he/she may be disqualified from the Sweepstakes in the sole and absolute discretion of the Sponsor. All entrants, Qualifying Purchases, Mail-in Requests and Entries are subject to verification at any time and for any reason. The Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole and absolute discretion, to require proof of identity and/or eligibility (in a form acceptable to the Sponsor – including, without limitation, government issued photo identification): (i) for the purposes of verifying an individual’s eligibility to participate in this Sweepstakes; (ii) for the purposes of verifying the eligibility and/or legitimacy of any Entry, Qualifying Purchase, Mail-in Request or other information entered (or purportedly entered) for the purposes of this Sweepstakes; and/or (iii) for any other reason the Sponsor deems necessary, in its sole and absolute discretion, for the purposes of administering this Sweepstakes in accordance with these Official Rules. Failure to provide such proof to the complete satisfaction of the Sponsor within the timeline specified by the Sponsor may result in disqualification in the sole and absolute discretion of the Sponsor.
6. Sponsor’s Rights to Submissions: By entering, you grant Sponsor, and their agents, licensees, and assigns an irrevocable, perpetual (non-exclusive) license and permission to reproduce, encode, store, copy, transmit, publish, post, broadcast, display, publicly perform, adapt, modify, create derivative works of, exhibit, and otherwise use your entry and all elements of such entry, including, without limitation, responses to the questions, as-is or as-edited (with or without using your name) in any media throughout the world, in perpetuity, for any purpose, without limitation, and without additional notification, review, compensation, or approval from you or any other party. You agree that the Sponsor may use the aggregate information collected from the competition for related research and marketing purposes. Participants warrant that their Mail-in Request is their own work.
7. Drawing: On or about February 11, 2019 at 10:00 am ET at 500 West Madison Street, Suite 700, Chicago, IL 60661, Sponsor will conduct a random draw (a “Draw”) from among all eligible Entries received to select two (2) potential Prize (defined below) winners. The odds of winning depend on the number of eligible Entries received in connection with the Sweepstakes Period.
8. Notification and Requirements of Potential Winners: Sponsor’s decisions are final and binding on all matters relating to this Sweepstakes. Potential winners will be notified via the email address they used to book their vacation package or submitted in their Mail-in Request. Once notified that you are a potential winner, you will be required to sign and return, within seven (7) days of notification, an Affidavit of Eligibility, a Liability Waiver, an IRS W-9 Form and where allowable, a Publicity Release (collectively, "the Releases"). These Releases will require a winner to furnish his/her Social Security Number for the sole purpose of tax reporting, as required by law. Noncompliance will result in disqualification and an alternate winner may be selected. A prize winner (parent or legal guardian if potential prize winner is under the age of majority in his/her state of residence) must complete, sign and return an Affidavit of Eligibility, Publicity Release, and any other necessary documents, including required tax documents within seven (7) days of notification or he/she will be disqualified, the prize will be forfeited in its entirety and an alternate winner may be selected. The prize is not transferable; no prize substitutions or cash alternatives are allowed except as may be determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion. Except where prohibited, acceptance of the prize constitutes the winner’s (and winner’s guest’s, if any) consent that their names, likenesses, and/or biographical data may be used for advertising and promotional purposes without limitation and without additional notice, compensation, or consent. Only one (1) alternate entrant per prize will be contacted.
9. Prizes: There are two (2) prizes (each, a “Prize”) available to be won at the start of the Sweepstakes Period. For Qualifying Purchases, a Prize consists of the reimbursement of a confirmed winner’s Qualifying Purchase, up to a total maximum value of $2,500 USD (including taxes and fees; however, excluding baggage fees and any other fees not payable at the time of booking) (the “Maximum Prize Value”). Reimbursement will be made within three (3) weeks following completion of the travel taken via the Qualifying Purchase, by way of credit card refund or check, at the Sponsor’s sole and absolute discretion. However, in the event a confirmed winner entered the Sweepstakes via a Mail-in Request, he/she will receive a prize of a travel voucher up to a total Maximum Prize Value of $2,500USD (subject to the terms and conditions of the issuer) within three (3) weeks of being confirmed as a Prize winner (see below for details).
Dates for use of the vouchers may be selected by the winner, but are subject to the date restrictions described above and availability and blackout dates, and additional restrictions. Sponsor will not replace any lost, mutilated, or stolen tickets, travel vouchers or certificates.
For each individual who entered the Sweepstakes via a Qualifying Purchase, the value of the corresponding Prize will depend the value of his/her Qualifying Purchase, subject to the Maximum Prize Value. For each individual who entered the Sweepstakes via a Mail-in Request, the value of the corresponding Prize will be up to $2,500 USD. Each Prize winner is solely responsible for all costs and expenses that are not explicitly listed above as included in the Prize. Each Prize may not be transferred and must be accepted as awarded. Winners may not request cash or substitute a Prize; however, Sponsor reserves the right to substitute a Prize with another prize of equal or greater value if a Prize is not available for any reason (as determined by the Sponsor in its sole and absolute discretion), including without limitation a cash award.
Total ARV of all Sweepstakes prizes is up to $5,000.
Prize winners are responsible for paying any applicable federal, state, local, income and withholding taxes, if any, and any and all other costs and expenses not listed herein as being provided, including but not limited to ground transportation, airfare, luggage fees, hotel accommodations, meals, hotel incidentals, souvenirs and gratuities. In the event that any tax withholding is required by law for the prize, winner authorizes Sponsor to make the corresponding deduction. Any prize details not specified above will be determined by Sponsor, in its sole discretion. Sponsor will not be liable for any expenses incurred as a consequence of flight cancellations or delays. Sponsor will not be liable for any airline and/or hotel fees incurred as a consequence of changing or cancelling flight and/or hotel reservations. Sponsor will not replace any lost or stolen prizes or prize components. Winner may not transfer, assign, or substitute the prize, or redeem the prize for cash, except at the sole discretion of the Sponsor, who reserves the right to substitute the prize (or portion thereof) with one of comparable or greater value. Prize is awarded “as is” without any warranty or guarantee, either express of implied by Sponsor.
10. General Conditions: In the event that the operation, security, or administration of the Sweepstakes is impaired in any way, including, but not limited to fraud, virus, or other technical problem, Sponsor may, in its sole discretion, either: (a) suspend the Sweepstakes to address the impairment and then resume the Sweepstakes in a manner that best conforms to the spirit of these Official Rules; or (b) award the prizes at random from among the eligible entries received up to the time of the impairment. Sponsor reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any individual who tampers with the operation of the Sweepstakes, violates these Official Rules, or acts in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner. Sponsor reserves the right to seek damages from any person who seeks to undermine the legitimate operation of the Sweepstakes. Failure by Sponsor to enforce any term of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision. Proof of sending any communication to Sponsor by mail shall not be deemed proof of receipt of that communication by Sponsor. In the event of a dispute as to the owner of an entry, the authorized account holder of the email address used to enter will be deemed to be the entrant. The Sweepstakes is subject to federal, state, and local laws and regulations and is void where prohibited.
11. Release and Limitations of Liability: By participating in the Sweepstakes, you agree to release and hold harmless Sponsor, its parent, subsidiaries, affiliates, and each of their respective officers, directors, employees, and agents (the “Released Parties”) from and against any claim or cause of action arising out of participation in the Sweepstakes or receipt or use of any prize, including, but not limited to: (a) unauthorized human intervention in the Sweepstakes; (b) technical errors related to computers, servers, providers, or telephone, or network lines; (c) printing errors; (d) lost, late, postage-due, misdirected, or undeliverable mail; (e) errors in the administration of the Sweepstakes or the processing of entries; or (f) injury or damage to persons or property which may be caused, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, from entrant’s participation in the Sweepstakes or receipt or use of any prize. You further agree that in any cause of action, the Released Parties’ liability will be limited to the cost of entering and participating in the Sweepstakes, and in no event shall the Released Parties be liable for attorney’s fees. You waive the right to claim any damages whatsoever, including, but not limited to, punitive, consequential, direct, or indirect damages.
12. Disputes: You agree that any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of, or connected with, the Sweepstakes or any prize awarded shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively by the appropriate court located in the State of Washington. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, your rights and obligations, or the rights and obligations of the Sponsor in connection with the Sweepstakes, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the State of Washington, without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules (whether of the State of Washington or any other jurisdiction), which would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than the State of Washington.
13. Results: To request a winners’ list, send a self-addressed, stamped envelope to “CheapTickets’ Your Next Getaway Giveaway Sweepstakes Winner List,”, Orbitz Worldwide, LLC, 500 West Madison Street, Suite 700, Chicago, IL 60661. Requests must be received within four (4) weeks after the end of the Entry Period.