The room was clean, but jet older and dated. The bathroom was small and had a small window without screen and it did not close (handle was broken). The bed was comfortable, window air conditioning unit was working good, and the room also had a ceiling fan. The pet charge was $25, not sure if this was the rate for only one night (we only stayed one night), or if you stay more nights if it is a one time only charge. However, the motel has a restaurant right next to it and that is where we had to check in and pay for the room. After, checking in and paying the $25 pet fee (there was a yellow sign on the check-in counter showing the $25 pet fee), we went to the room and there was a white piece of paper taped to the mirror saying $10 fee for pet. So this was a bit confusing, never found out why the sign said $10 pet fee in the room. The restaurant was convenient, very nice, and the food was good. Overall stay was good for one night, but somewhat over priced, specially the pet fee of $25. If you only need to stay for one night it will do, also sometimes it is not easy to find motels that take animals.
- Greenville Country Club
- 17 min drive
- Governors Run Golf Course
- 28 min drive
- The Winery at Shale Lake
- 29 min drive
- Belleville, IL (BLV-MidAmerica-St. Louis)
- 41 min drive
Choose dates to view prices
Book online or call:1-844-709-7928
About this area
- Greenville Country Club - 17 min drive
- Carlyle Lake - 27 min drive
- Governors Run Golf Course - 28 min drive
- West Access Marina - 28 min drive
- The Winery at Shale Lake - 29 min drive
- Springfield, IL (SPI-Abraham Lincoln Capital) - 102 min drive
- Powhatan restaurant – Open daily.
About this property
A restaurant, a bar/lounge, and a coffee shop/café are available at this motel. Free WiFi in public areas and free self parking are also provided. Other amenities include concierge services, a 24-hour front desk, and a picnic area. All 12 rooms provide conveniences like refrigerators and microwaves, plus free WiFi and flat-screen TVs with cable channels. Other amenities available to guests include ceiling fans, desks, and free toiletries.
Children and extra beds
- Children are welcome.
- Rollaway/extra beds are not available.
- Cribs (infant beds) are not available.
- Pets allowed for an extra charge of USD 10.00 per pet, per day
- Dogs and cats only
- Specific rooms only
- Pet-friendly rooms can be requested by contacting the property at the number on the booking confirmation
The following fees and deposits are charged by the property at time of service, check-in, or check-out.
- Breakfast fee: USD 10.00 per person (approximately)
- Pet fee: USD 10.00 per pet, per day
The above list may not be comprehensive. Fees and deposits may not include tax and are subject to change.
You need to know
Government-issued photo identification and a credit card, debit card, or cash deposit are required at check-in for incidental charges.
Special requests are subject to availability upon check-in and may incur additional charges. Special requests cannot be guaranteed.
We should mention
Property is also known as
- Powhatan Motel Pocahontas
- Powhatan Motel
- Powhatan Motel Motel
- Powhatan Motel Pocahontas
- Powhatan Motel Motel Pocahontas
- Available in all rooms: Free WiFi
- Available in some public areas: Free WiFi
- Free self parking
Food and Drink
- Food and drink
- Breakfast available for a fee: USD 10.00 per person
- 1 restaurant and 1 coffee shop/café
- 1 bar
- Free WiFi
- Luggage storage
- 24-hour front desk
- Daily housekeeping
- Picnic area
- Wheelchair accessible path of travel
- Wheelchair accessible parking
- Air conditioning
- Shower/tub combination
- Private bathroom
- Free toiletries
- Flat-screen TV
- Cable channels
Food and Drink
Nearby things to do
Where to eat
We liked the fact that the motel and restaurant were adjacent. The restaurant food was excellent, The staff was pleasant and accommodating.There were no rooms with handicap facilities. The room was small. The Restaurant had a ramp but the doors were heavy and the space between them was small.The approach to the room had a curb about 4 inches high which required 2 people to lift a wheel chair. It wouldn't take much to correct that with a couple of ramps.