Get an overview of this hotel 4-star Washington hotel in Downtown Washington D.C., walk to Ford's Theater
With a stay at Grand Hyatt Washington, you'll be centrally located in Washington, steps from CityCenterDC and within a 5-minute walk of Ford's Theater.
This 4-star hotel is 0.6 mi (0.9 km) from Walter E. Washington Convention Center and 1 mi (1.6 km) from Washington Monument.
Make yourself at home in one of the 897 air-conditioned rooms featuring refrigerators and iPod docking stations. Your pillowtop bed comes with premium bedding. Wired and wireless Internet access is complimentary, while 55-inch LCD televisions with cable programming provide entertainment. Bathrooms have designer toiletries and hair dryers.
Take advantage of recreation opportunities such as a 24-hour fitness center, or other amenities including complimentary wireless Internet access and concierge services. Additional features at this hotel include gift shops/newsstands, wedding services, and a television in a common area.
Enjoy American cuisine at Cure Bar and Bistro, one of the hotel's 2 restaurants, or stay in and take advantage of the room service (during limited hours). Snacks are also available at the coffee shop/café. Quench your thirst with your favorite drink at the bar/lounge. Buffet breakfasts are available daily from 6:30 AM to 11 AM for a fee.
Featured amenities include a business center, limo/town car service, and express check-in. Planning an event in Washington? This hotel has facilities measuring 44000 square feet (4088 square meters), including conference space. Self parking (subject to charges) is available onsite.Information missing or incorrect? Tell us!Opens in a new window
Grand Hyatt Washington
Dining is available at one of the hotel's 2 restaurants and guests can grab coffee at the coffee shop/café. A bar/lounge is on site where guests can unwind with a drink. Business-related amenities at this 4-star property consist of a business center and limo/town car service.
Wireless Internet access is complimentary. Event facilities measuring 44000 square feet (4088 square meters) include conference space. This business-friendly hotel also offers a 24-hour fitness center, tour/ticket assistance, and multilingual staff. Parking is available onsite for a surcharge.
Grand Hyatt Washington is a smoke-free property.
- Express check-in
- Coffee/tea in common areas
- 24-hour front desk
- Business center
- Conference space
- Express check-out
- Meeting rooms
- Year Built - 1987
- Tours/ticket assistance
- Coffee shop or café
- Dry cleaning/laundry service
- Free WiFi
- Self parking (surcharge)
- Limo or Town Car service available
- Valet parking (surcharge)
- Smoke-free property
- Safe-deposit box at front desk
- Conference space size (meters) - 4088
- Luggage storage
- Breakfast available (surcharge)
- Number of restaurants - 2
- Concierge services
- Conference space size (feet) - 44000
- Gift shops or newsstand
- Total number of rooms - 897
- 24-hour fitness facilities
- Television in common areas
- Number of floors - 12
- Wedding services
- Number of buildings/towers - 1
- Multilingual staff
- Free newspapers in lobby
Family Friendly Amenities
- Family Hotel
- Free Wi-Fi
- Microwave (on request)
- Cribs/infant beds (complimentary)
Available in all rooms: Free WiFi , Free wired Internet
Available in some public areas: Free WiFi
Self parking (surcharge), Valet parking (surcharge)
- Towels provided
- Premium TV channels
- Pay movies
- Premium bedding
- Hypo-allergenic bedding available
- Room service (limited hours)
- Air conditioning
- In-room climate control (air conditioning)
- Blackout drapes/curtains
- Coffee/tea maker
- Microwave (on request)
- Designer toiletries
- In-room massage available
- Free toiletries
- Hair dryer
- Iron/ironing board
- Daily housekeeping
- Pillowtop mattress
- Laptop-friendly workspace
- Cable TV service
- Free WiFi
- Free wired Internet
- iPod docking station
- In-room safe (laptop compatible)
- Connecting/adjoining rooms available
- Free cribs/infant beds
- Rollaway/extra beds (surcharge)
- LCD TV
- In-room climate control (heating)
Where to Eat
Buffet breakfasts are available for a surcharge and are served each morning between 6:30 AM and 11 AM.
Cure Bar and Bistro - This bistro specializes in American cuisine and serves lunch and dinner. Guests can enjoy drinks at the bar. Happy hour is offered.
Cabinet - This restaurant specializes in American cuisine and serves breakfast and lunch. Open daily.
Starbucks Reserve - Onsite coffee shop. Open daily.
Room service (during limited hours) is available.
Nearby Things to Do
Recreational amenities at the hotel include a 24-hour fitness center.
The recreational activities listed below are available either on site or nearby; fees may apply.
- Bicycle rentals nearby
- Golfing nearby
- Segway rental/tour nearby
- Hiking/biking trails nearby
- Scooter/moped rentals nearby
If you have requests for specific accessibility needs, please note them at check-out when you book your room.
- Accessible bathroom
- Roll-in shower
- In-room accessibility
- Wheelchair accessible (may have limitations)
Check-in time ends at midnight
Check-in time starts at 3 PM
Minimum check-in age is 21
Special check-in instructions:
Check-out time is noon
Children and extra beds
- Children are welcome.
- Kids stay free! Children stay free when using existing bedding.
- Rollaway/extra beds are available for USD 20 per night.
- Free cribs (infant beds)!
- Pets not allowed
You need to know
Extra-person charges may apply and vary depending on property policy.
Government-issued photo identification and a credit card, debit card, or cash deposit are required at check-in for incidental charges.
Special requests are subject to availability upon check-in and may incur additional charges. Special requests cannot be guaranteed.
- Please note that cultural norms and guest policies may differ by country and by property. The policies listed are provided by the property.
Parking height restrictions apply
It is Hyatt’s practice to enter any occupied guestroom at a minimum of once within a 24-hour period, even if a guest has requested privacy. Appropriate efforts are made to provide advance notice to the registered guest before entering an occupied guestroom.
- Destination fee: USD 22.99 per accommodation, per night
- Breakfast fee: between USD 15 and USD 30 per person (approximately)
- Self parking fee: USD 42.00 per night
- Valet parking fee: USD 60.00 per night (in/out privileges)
- Rollaway bed fee: USD 20 per night
- Grand Hyatt Washington
- Grand Hyatt Washington Hotel
- Washington Grand Hyatt
- Grand Hyatt Washington Dc
- Grand Hyatt Washington Hotel Washington Dc
- Hyatt Washington Dc
- Washington Dc Hyatt
- Grand Hyatt Hotel
We should mention
The property has connecting/adjoining rooms, which are subject to availability and can be requested by contacting the property using the number on the booking confirmation. Parking height restrictions apply.
Awards & Affiliations
- This property is affiliated with the International Gay & Lesbian Travel Association (IGLTA) and welcomes lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, queer, intersex, and asexual (LGBTQIA) guests.