Get an overview of this hotel Historic San Diego hotel in Downtown San Diego, walk to Westfield Horton Plaza
With a stay at The Sofia Hotel in San Diego (Downtown San Diego), you'll be a 4-minute walk from Westfield Horton Plaza and 12 minutes by foot from Port of San Diego.
This romantic hotel is 0.6 mi (1 km) from B Street Cruise Ship Terminal and 0.7 mi (1 km) from USS Midway Museum.
Make yourself at home in one of the 211 air-conditioned rooms featuring refrigerators and microwaves. Your pillowtop bed comes with premium bedding. 42-inch flat-screen televisions with premium TV channels provide entertainment, with wired and wireless Internet access available for a surcharge. Private bathrooms with showers feature designer toiletries and hair dryers.
Pamper yourself with onsite massages or enjoy recreation amenities such as a 24-hour fitness center. Additional amenities at this hotel include complimentary wireless Internet access, concierge services, and a fireplace in the lobby.
Grab a bite to eat at Currant American Brasseri, a restaurant which features a bar, or stay in and take advantage of the room service (during limited hours). Full breakfasts are available daily from 7:00 AM to 1:00 PM for a fee.
Featured amenities include a business center, express check-out, and complimentary newspapers in the lobby. This hotel has 2 meeting rooms available for events. Self parking (subject to charges) is available onsite.Information missing or incorrect? Tell us!Opens in a new window
The Sofia Hotel
The hotel offers a restaurant. A bar/lounge is on site where guests can unwind with a drink. This 3.5-star property offers access to a business center.
Wireless Internet access is complimentary. 2 meeting rooms are available. This business-friendly hotel also offers a 24-hour fitness center, spa services, and tour/ticket assistance. Parking is available onsite for a surcharge.
The Sofia Hotel is a smoke-free property.
- Water dispenser
- 24-hour front desk
- Business center
- Spa treatment room(s)
- Express check-out
- Tours/ticket assistance
- Year Built - 1926
- Dry cleaning/laundry service
- Free WiFi
- Self parking (surcharge)
- Valet parking (surcharge)
- Smoke-free property
- Number of meeting rooms - 2
- Spa services on site
- Luggage storage
- Breakfast available (surcharge)
- Concierge services
- Laundry facilities
- 24-hour fitness facilities
- Total number of rooms - 211
- Television in common areas
- Number of floors - 7
- Number of buildings/towers - 1
- Multilingual staff
- Fireplace in lobby
- Free newspapers in lobby
Available in all rooms: Wireless internet access ( USD 13.85 per stay ), Wired internet access ( USD 13.85 per night )
Available in some public areas: Free WiFi
Self parking (surcharge), Valet parking (surcharge)
- Premium TV channels
- Blackout drapes/curtains
- In-room climate control (air conditioning)
- Air conditioning
- Free newspaper
- Free local calls
- Coffee/tea maker
- Free bottled water
- Daily housekeeping
- Designer toiletries
- Free toiletries
- Hair dryer
- Shower only
- In-room safe (laptop compatible)
- Iron/ironing board
- Pillowtop mattress
- Local maps
- Guidebooks or recommendations
- Number of bathrooms -
- Satellite TV service
- Flat-panel TV
- WiFi (surcharge)
- Wired Internet access (surcharge)
- Premium bedding
- Private bathroom
- Room service (limited hours)
- Champagne service
Where to Eat
Full breakfasts are available for a surcharge and are served each morning between 7:00 AM and 1:00 PM.
Currant American Brasseri - This restaurant serves brunch, lunch, dinner, and light fare. Guests can enjoy drinks at the bar. Happy hour is offered.
Room service (during limited hours) is available.
Nearby Things to Do
Recreational amenities at the hotel include a 24-hour fitness center.
- Hot stone massage
- Deep tissue massage
- Swedish massage
- Prenatal massage
- Thai massage
- Sports massage
If you have requests for specific accessibility needs, please note them at check-out when you book your room.
- Accessible bathroom
- Roll-in shower
- In-room accessibility
Check-in time starts at 4 PM
Check-in time ends at midnight
Special check-in instructions:
Check-out time is 11 AM
Children and extra beds
- Children are welcome.
- Rollaway/extra beds are not available.
- Pets allowed for an extra charge of USD 35 per pet, per night
- Specific rooms only, restrictions apply
- Pet-friendly rooms can be requested by contacting the property at the number on the booking confirmation
You need to know
Extra-person charges may apply and vary depending on property policy.
Government-issued photo identification and a credit card are required at check-in for incidental charges.
Special requests are subject to availability upon check-in and may incur additional charges. Special requests cannot be guaranteed.
No rollaway/extra beds available
- Tourism fee: USD 3.39 per accommodation, per night
- Resort fee: USD 14.57 per accommodation, per night
- Fitness center access
- Fitness/yoga classes
- Sporting facilities or equipment
- Business center/computer access
- Internet access
- Phone calls
- In-room safe
- In-room coffee
- In-room bottled water
- Additional inclusions
- Breakfast fee: between USD 15 and USD 22 per person (approximately)
- Fee for in-room wireless Internet: USD 13.85 per stay (rates may vary)
- Fee for in-room wired Internet: USD 13.85 per night (rates may vary)
- Self parking fee: USD 38.00 per night
- Valet parking fee: USD 38.00 per night (in/out privileges)
- Pet fee: USD 35 per pet, per night
- Hotel Sofia
- Sofia Hotel
- Sofia Hotel San Diego
- Sofia San Diego
We should mention
Only registered guests are allowed in the guestrooms. The property allows pets in specific rooms only and has other pet restrictions (surcharges apply and can be found in the Fees section). Guests can arrange to bring pets by contacting the property directly, using the contact information on the booking confirmation.
Awards & Affiliations
- The property is a member of Historic Hotels of America.