Get an overview of this hotelVictorian-style hotel in San Diego's Gaslamp Quarter
Popular property highlights
With a stay at The Horton Grand Hotel, you'll be centrally located in San Diego, minutes from New Children's Museum and San Diego Convention Center.
This hotel is close to Balboa Park and San Diego Zoo.
Treat yourself to a stay in one of the 132 individually decorated guestrooms, featuring fireplaces and flat-screen televisions. Complimentary wireless Internet access keeps you connected, and cable programming is available for your entertainment. Conveniences include desks and coffee/tea makers, and housekeeping is provided daily.
Make use of convenient amenities such as complimentary wireless Internet access, concierge services, and gift shops/newsstands.
Grab a bite to eat at the hotel's restaurant, which features a bar, or stay in and take advantage of room service (during limited hours). Quench your thirst with your favorite drink at a bar/lounge. Cooked-to-order breakfasts are available daily for a fee.
Featured amenities include a 24-hour business center, limo/town car service, and complimentary newspapers in the lobby. Planning an event in San Diego? This hotel has 22766 square feet (2115 square meters) of space consisting of conference space and meeting rooms.Information missing or incorrect? Tell us!Opens in a new window
The Horton Grand Hotel
The Horton Grand Hotel is 3 blocks from the San Diego Convention Center, 4 blocks from Horton Plaza's shops and restaurants, and 4 blocks from PETCO Park.
This Victorian-style hotel reflects its Gaslamp Quarter location. Guestrooms are accessed via an authentic, hand-carved wood staircase or a glass-enclosed elevator. A small museum, off the main lobby, features memorabilia and Victorian-era photos. Conference space is available; the Horton Grand Theatre seats 250 people. Complimentary wireless Internet is available throughout the hotel. The hotel also features a 24-hour business center and 7 meeting rooms.
- Concierge services
- Conference space
- Meeting rooms 7
- Safe-deposit box at front desk
- 24-hour front desk
- Total number of rooms - 132
- Dry cleaning/laundry service
- Number of floors - 4
- Valet parking (surcharge)
- Breakfast available (surcharge)
- Free newspapers in lobby
- Gift shops or newsstand
- Tours/ticket assistance
- Free WiFi
- Computer station
- Limo or Town Car service available
- Luggage storage
- Conference space size (meters) - 2115
- 24-hour business center
- Smoke-free property
- Conference space size (feet) - 22766
- Number of meeting rooms - 7
- Year Built 1986
- Number of buildings/towers - 2
Family Friendly Amenities
- Family Hotel
- Free Wi-Fi
- Cribs/infant beds (complimentary)
Available in all rooms: Free WiFi
Available in some public areas: Free WiFi
Valet parking (surcharge)
- Flat-panel TV
- Premium TV channels
- Ceiling fan
- Air conditioning
- Coffee/tea maker
- Hair dryer
- Shower/tub combination
- Iron/ironing board
- Individually decorated
- In-room climate control (air conditioning)
- Free WiFi
- Daily housekeeping
- Private bathroom
- Free toiletries
- Room service (limited hours)
- Connecting/adjoining rooms available
- Free cribs/infant beds
- Rollaway/extra beds (surcharge)
- Cable TV service
- Blackout drapes/curtains
Where to Eat
Salt & Whiskey - Newly opened and renovated, Salt & Whiskey has an inspiring new team in place providing the freshest and most delicious dishes with impeccable service. Our space blends a warm and welcoming ambience with sophisticated décor.
KITCHEN HOURS: Sunday – Saturday: 6 AM to 11 PM
Sunday – Wednesday: 11 AM to Midnight
Thursday: 11 AM to 1 AM
Friday-Saturday 11 AM to 2 AM
HAPPY HOUR:Sunday – Thursday: 4 PM to 6 PM
The Salt & Whiskey hosts live music every Thursday, Friday, and Saturday evening.
Nearby Things to Do
Five blocks away, the Embarcadero recreation area offers jogging trails and bike, boat, and kayak rentals. Within 2 miles (3.2 kilometers) of the hotel are the 1,200-acre Balboa Park with 2 golf courses and a driving range, 13 museums, and the San Diego Zoo. Surfing, snorkeling, scuba diving, sailing, and other water activities are available at local beaches and Mission Bay Aquatic Park, 7.5 miles (12 kilometers) from the hotel.
The recreational activities listed below are available either on site or near the hotel; fees may apply.
- Golfing nearby
- Surfing/boogie boarding nearby
- Sailing nearby
- Scuba diving nearby
- Windsurfing nearby
- Bicycle rentals nearby
- Hiking/biking trails nearby
- Parasailing nearby
If you have requests for specific accessibility needs, please note them at check-out when you book your room.
- Accessible bathroom
Check-in time starts at 3 PM
Minimum check-in age is 21
Check-in time ends at 5:30 AM
Check-out time is noon
Children and extra beds
- Children are welcome.
- Kids stay free! Children 12 years old and younger stay free when using existing bedding.
- Rollaway/extra beds are available for USD 20.0 per night.
- Free cribs (infant beds)!
- Pets not allowed (service animals welcome)
You need to know
Extra-person charges may apply and vary depending on property policy.
- The name on the credit card used at check-in to pay for incidentals must be the primary name on the guestroom reservation.
- Deposit: USD 100.00 per stay
- Breakfast fee: between USD 5 and USD 18 per person (approximately)
- Valet parking fee: USD 42 per night (in/out privileges)
- Late check-out fee: USD 100.00
- Refrigerator fee: USD 10.00 per day
- Rollaway bed fee: USD 20.0 per night
- Grand Horton
- Grand Horton Hotel
- Horton Grand
- Horton Grand Hotel
- Horton Grand Hotel San Diego
- Horton Grand San Diego
- Horton Hotel
- Hotel Horton
- The Horton Grand Hotel San Diego
We should mention
Children 12 years old and younger stay free when occupying the parent or guardian's room, using existing bedding. Only registered guests are allowed in the guestrooms. The property has connecting/adjoining rooms, which are subject to availability and can be requested by contacting the property using the number on the booking confirmation.