Very nice clean and close to everything a little walk uphill but it’s ok.
- Sandeman Cellars
- 7 min walk
- Dom Luis I Bridge
- 9 min walk
- River Douro
- 13 min walk
- Porto (OPO-Dr. Francisco de Sa Carneiro)
- 16 min drive
Choose dates to view prices
Book online or call:1-844-709-7928
About this area
- Sandeman Cellars - 7 min walk
- Dom Luis I Bridge - 9 min walk
- River Douro - 13 min walk
- Ribeira Square - 13 min walk
- Church of Sao Francisco - 17 min walk
- Vila Nova de Gaia Station - 17 min walk
- Sao Bento Station - 17 min walk
- Porto (OPO-Dr. Francisco de Sa Carneiro) - 16 min drive
- Cafe – Serves breakfast and lunch on select days.
About this property
Hostel Cruz Vermelha
Along with a restaurant, this smoke-free hostel has a coffee shop/café and dry cleaning. WiFi in public areas is free. Additionally, laundry facilities, a library, and express check-out are onsite. All 9 rooms offer free WiFi, premium bedding, and hair dryers. Guests will also find showers and free toiletries. Bathrooms are shared.
Special check-in instructions
This property doesn't offer after-hours check-in. Guests arriving late won't be able to check in until the next morning. To make arrangements for check-in please contact the property at least 24 hours before arrival using the information on the booking confirmation.
Children and extra beds
- Children are welcome.
- Kids stay free! One child stays free when using existing bedding.
- Rollaway/extra beds are available for EUR 12 per night.
- Cribs (infant beds) are available for EUR 10.00 per day.
- Pets not allowed
You'll be asked to pay the following charges at the property:
- A tax is imposed by the city: From 1 October - 31 March, EUR 1.00 per person, per night, up to 7 nights. This tax does not apply to children under 16 years of age.
- A tax is imposed by the city: From 1 April - 30 September, EUR 2.00 per person, per night, up to 7 nights. This tax does not apply to children under 16 years of age.
We have included all charges provided to us by the property. However, charges can vary, for example, based on length of stay or the room you book.
The following fees and deposits are charged by the property at time of service, check-in, or check-out.
- Crib (infant bed) fee: EUR 10.00 per day
- Rollaway bed fee: EUR 12 per night
The above list may not be comprehensive. Fees and deposits may not include tax and are subject to change.
You need to know
Government-issued photo identification and a credit card, debit card, or cash deposit are required at check-in for incidental charges.
Special requests are subject to availability upon check-in and may incur additional charges. Special requests cannot be guaranteed.
We should mention
Property is also known as
- Hostel Cruz Vermelha Vila Nova de Gaia
- Hostel Cruz Vermelha
- Cruz Vermelha Vila Nova de Gaia
- Cruz Vermelha
- Hostel Cruz Vermelha Portugal/Vila Nova De Gaia
- Hostel Cruz Vermelha Vila Nova de Gaia
- Hostel Cruz Vermelha Hostel/Backpacker accommodation
- Available in all rooms: Free WiFi
- Available in some public areas: Free WiFi
- Free parking nearby
- Offsite parking discounted rates available
Food and Drink
- Food and drink
- Continental breakfast available for a fee weekdays 8:00 AM–noon
- 1 restaurant and 1 coffee shop/café
- Family property
- Free WiFi
- Laundry facilities
- Luggage storage
- Front desk
- Laundry service
- Daily housekeeping
- Tours/ticket assistance
- Multilingual staff
- Wheelchair accessible path of travel
- Accessible bathroom
- Roll-in shower
- Wheelchair accessible parking
- In-room accessibility
- Premium bedding
- Cribs available
- Rollaway beds (surcharge)
- Hair dryer
- Free toiletries
Nearby things to do
Where to eat
Location was convenient to the sights I wanted to see and for transportation. Concept of hostel and execution were good; that it is a bit of a side-business for the Red Cross has limitations, as well as the benefit to the non-profit. My only cavail is about the way the afternoon sun heated up my room: even with the blinds drawn, until evening breezes started, it was impossible to stay in the room even with the fan going. Good thing they have lobby tables & power for my devices.