Get an overview of this hotel4-star hotel with Iron Chef dining near Waikiki
With a stay at The Modern Honolulu in Honolulu (Waikiki), you'll be minutes from Duke Kahanamoku Beach and close to University of Hawaii at Manoa.
This 4.5-star hotel is close to Aloha Tower and Diamond Head.
Make yourself at home in one of the 353 air-conditioned rooms featuring iPod docking stations and LCD televisions. Your pillowtop bed comes with down comforters. Complimentary wired and wireless Internet access keeps you connected, and cable programming provides entertainment. Private bathrooms have designer toiletries and hair dryers.
Pamper yourself with a visit to the spa, which offers body treatments and facials. You're sure to appreciate the recreational amenities, which include 2 outdoor swimming pools, a nightclub, and a fitness center. Additional features at this hotel include complimentary wireless Internet access, concierge services, and gift shops/newsstands.
Grab a bite at one of the hotel's 3 restaurants, or stay in and take advantage of 24-hour room service. Relax with a refreshing drink at one of the 2 poolside bars.
Featured amenities include complimentary high-speed (wired) Internet access, a 24-hour business center, and complimentary newspapers in the lobby. Event facilities at this hotel consist of a conference center and meeting rooms. A roundtrip airport shuttle is provided for a surcharge (available on request).Information missing or incorrect? Tell us!Opens in a new window
The Modern Honolulu
In addition to a full-service spa, The Modern Honolulu features 2 outdoor pools and 2 poolside bars. Dining is available at one of the hotel's 3 restaurants. This 4.5-star property offers access to a 24-hour business center and 8 meeting rooms.
A computer station is located on site and high-speed wired and wireless Internet access is complimentary. This luxury hotel also offers a nightclub, a rooftop terrace, and spa services. Parking is available onsite for a surcharge, as well as an airport shuttle service.
The Modern Honolulu is a smoke-free property.
- Luggage storage
- Conference center
- 24-hour front desk
- Airport transportation (surcharge)
- Total number of rooms - 353
- Number of floors - 18
- Number of poolside bars - 2
- Breakfast available (surcharge)
- Coffee/tea in common areas
- Free newspapers in lobby
- Dry cleaning/laundry service
- Fitness facilities
- Computer station
- Free WiFi
- Tours/ticket assistance
- Number of outdoor pools - 2
- Rooftop terrace
- Concierge services
- Gift shops or newsstand
- Spa treatment room(s)
- Meeting rooms 8
- Multilingual staff
- Safe-deposit box at front desk
- Year Built 1964
- Number of restaurants - 3
- 24-hour business center
- Shopping on site
- Smoke-free property
- Number of buildings/towers - 1
- Spa services on site
- Use of nearby fitness center (discount)
- Wedding services
- Full-service spa
- Free wired high-speed Internet
- Valet parking (surcharge)
Available in all rooms: Free WiFi , Free wired high-speed Internet
Available in some public areas: Free WiFi , Free wired high-speed Internet
Valet parking (surcharge)
- Daily housekeeping
- Free bottled water
- Premium TV channels
- Premium bedding
- Air conditioning
- Coffee/tea maker
- Turndown service
- Private bathroom
- Designer toiletries
- Hair dryer
- Iron/ironing board (on request)
- Cable TV service
- Free WiFi
- iPod docking station
- In-room safe (laptop compatible)
- Free newspaper
- In-room climate control (air conditioning)
- In-room massage available
- Room service (24 hours)
- Down comforter
- Pillowtop mattress
- LCD TV
- Rollaway/extra beds (surcharge)
- Free wired high-speed Internet
Where to Eat
Cooked-to-order breakfasts are available for a surcharge and are served each morning between 7 AM and 10 AM.
Morimoto Waikiki - Overlooking the ocean, this restaurant specializes in Japanese cuisine and serves lunch and dinner. Guests can order drinks at the bar and enjoy alfresco dining (weather permitting).
Passageways - Overlooking the Sunrise Pool, this restaurant serves breakfast, lunch, dinner, and light fare.
The Grove - Overlooking the Sunrise Pool, this restaurant serves breakfast, lunch, and dinner. Guests can order drinks at the bar and enjoy alfresco dining (weather permitting).
24-hour room service is available.
Nearby Things to Do
Recreational amenities at the hotel include 2 outdoor pools and fitness facilities.
The activities listed below are available either on site or nearby; fees may apply.
- Golfing nearby
- Surfing/boogie boarding nearby
- Kayaking nearby
- Sailing nearby
- Water skiing nearby
- Windsurfing nearby
- Rafting nearby
- Scooter/moped rentals nearby
- Hiking/biking trails nearby
- Mountain biking nearby
- Bicycle rentals nearby
- Parasailing nearby
- Skydiving nearby
- Ecotours nearby
- Golf lessons available nearby
- Personal motorized watercraft on site
Guests can pamper themselves with a trip to the onsite spa, which has 2 treatment rooms. Services include facials, body wraps, body scrubs, and body treatments. A variety of treatment therapies are provided, including aromatherapy.
- Number of treatment rooms 2
- Manicures and pedicures
- Aromatherapy treatments
- Body wraps
- Body scrubs
- Body treatments
- Facial treatments
If you have requests for specific accessibility needs, please note them at check-out when you book your room.
- Accessible bathroom
- In-room accessibility
- Roll-in shower
Check-in time starts at 3 PM
Minimum check-in age is 18
Special check-in instructions:
Check-out time is noon
Children and extra beds
- Children are welcome.
- Kids stay free! One child 17 years old or younger stays free when using existing bedding.
- Rollaway/extra beds are available for USD 75.00 per night.
- Pets allowed for an extra charge of USD 50 per pet (varies based on length of stay), plus a USD 250.00 deposit
- 1 per room (up to 25 lb)
You need to know
Extra-person charges may apply and vary depending on property policy.
Government-issued photo identification and a credit card are required at check-in for incidental charges.
Special requests are subject to availability upon check-in and may incur additional charges. Special requests cannot be guaranteed.
- The name on the credit card used at check-in to pay for incidentals must be the primary name on the guestroom reservation.
- Breakfast fee: between USD 15 and USD 45 for adults, USD 10 and USD 25 for children (approximately)
- Airport shuttle fee: USD TBA per person (roundtrip)
- Airport shuttle fee per child: USD TBA (roundtrip)
- Valet parking fee: USD 35 per day (in/out privileges)
- Pet deposit: USD 250.00
- Pet fee: USD 50 per pet (varies based on length of stay)
- Rollaway bed fee: USD 75.00 per night
- Honolulu Modern
- Modern Honolulu
- Modern Hotel
- Modern Hotel Honolulu
- The Modern Honolulu Hawaii
- The Modern Honolulu Hotel Honolulu
We should mention
This property offers transfers from the airport (surcharges may apply). Guests must contact the property with arrival details before travel, using the contact information on the booking confirmation. One child 17 years old or younger stays free when occupying the parent or guardian's room, using existing bedding. Only registered guests are allowed in the guestrooms. Some facilities may have restricted access. Guests can contact the property for details using the contact information on the booking confirmation.