The house is beautiful, peaceful and so immaculately maintained that it was a pleasure to vacation in this beautiful home with our toddler twins (16months) during the Labor Day week. We had a lot of fun enjoying our early morning tea on the patio, gazing at the stars in the night and having meals in the sun room. The reading nook is perfect for bird watching and just lazing on a sleepy afternoon with a book. The house has enough space to walk around, find your favorite nook yet it’s cozy and comfortable. The linens are super clean and there are enough pots and pans to cook and even bake if you so fancy. There’s so much closet space and unlike some other homes we’ve rented, Mary has kept these closets and drawers empty for her guests which is very helpful. The house has enough charm of its own, yet it’s not over powering with personal mementos. Mary is also very helpful with suggestions and prompt with replies so we really appreciated that.
This house is perfect to visit with small kids. Pluses:
1. The portable crib is a great asset! We used it for one of our babies.
2. The house is all one level with no sharp edges and there are no expensive knick knacks or antiques within arm’s reach!
3. There’s a washer dryer and that makes it really efficient with messy kids
4. The patio and front yard is great for kids to potter around
5. The pretend play toys (tea set, pretend food) etc is great and there are so many other toys and books for young kids… the twins loved it!
Note – there’s an umbrella stroller & booster chair available at the house, but both are in a well loved condition, the strap on the booster is broken, so if you have a smaller baby or a super active baby, just bring your own!
What else we loved in Mystic:
1. Taking our coffee to Stonington beach (like Mary suggested in her welcome package) and staring into the waters.
2. Ocean Park Beach – lovely beach… we went around 4 pm after the crowds had thinned.
3. Taking a cruise on the Liberty ($4) inside the Mystic Seaport – so much fun!
4. Getting icecream at Mystic Drawbridge ice cream place and taking in the views from there.
5. Getting dinner at Red 36 (no kids for this one)
We definitely plan to visit again! Thanks!