My roommate and I booked this space for a week in January. This space was the perfect location to have a non-traditional O'ahu experience. Highlights were longer than this list, but included:
- Comfortable walking distance from many major cultural attractions and Museums. (Hawaii State Capitol building, Iolani Palace, Hawaiian State Museum of Art and the Honolulu Museum of Art to name a few of the numerous options nearby.)
- Inexpensive food options for every meal were minutes away. (Specifically the Fort Street Mall area, they serve the business and University crowd so there are a ton of delicious cheap eats all over this part of town.)
- Bars were only blocks away, and the Hukilau Honolulu at the base of the building was surprisingly delicious and had a great happy hour!
- The views are genuinely spectacular. Opening the curtains in the morning and again when we returned from a day out exploring the island was always a joy to take in.
- The extra bed options were super appreciated and surprisingly comfortable! My roommate slept in the living room and ended up using the floor mat instead of the air mattress as he prefers a firmer mattress. Though we were warned that the size makes it a better fit for kids, he's just over 6' tall and was perfectly comfortable.
- The in-unit Jacuzzi tub was a welcome surprise.
- The kitchen was well stocked with a great range of pots and pans if you like to cook, and a great microwave and coffee maker.
- Mhel (property manager) was reliably responsive and super helpful when I had questions.
- You could feasibly not rent a car here, assuming you're okay with using Uber/Lyft as needed.
- Perfect location to experience the local art scene!
As an aside, I've seen other reviews make negative remarks about this space, specifically about things that are typical trappings of downtown urban areas that are fully outside the control of the property owner/manager. If you are the kind of person that balks at the sight of those less fortunate than yourself, please keep those comments to yourself and certainly don't downgrade your rating. Anyone who can afford to fly and stay in such a sought after travel destination should pause and reflect about how kind life has been to them and how fortunate they are to be able to travel to Hawaii in the first place. You are in a one of the most beautiful places on earth and the vibe you bring will color the experience you have here on the islands. Find your spirit of Aloha!