Get an overview of this hotelDowntown hotel 3 blocks from the Art Institute of Chicago
Popular property highlights
With a stay at Travelodge Hotel Downtown in Chicago (South Loop), you'll be minutes from Columbia College Chicago and Grant Park.
This hotel is close to Art Institute of Chicago and Millennium Park.
Make yourself at home in one of the 233 air-conditioned guestrooms. Complimentary wireless Internet access keeps you connected, and satellite programming is available for your entertainment. Bathrooms have shower/tub combinations and hair dryers. Conveniences include laptop-compatible safes and desks, as well as phones with free local calls.
Make use of convenient amenities, which include complimentary wireless Internet access and concierge services.
Satisfy your appetite at one of the hotel's 2 restaurants. Cooked-to-order breakfasts are available daily for a fee.
Featured amenities include a business center, limo/town car service, and complimentary newspapers in the lobby. Planning an event in Chicago? This hotel has 240 square feet (22 square meters) of space consisting of conference space and a meeting room.Information missing or incorrect? Tell us! Opens in a new window
Travelodge Hotel Downtown
The Travelodge Hotel Downtown is less than a block from Lake Shore Drive, within sight of Lake Michigan. The Chicago Art Institute is a 3-block walk, while the South Loop is 4 blocks away and the Magnificent Mile is just 1 mile (1.6 kilometers) from the hotel.
The hotel has 2 restaurants, one with a bar, on site. Complimentary WiFi and newspapers are available in public areas of the hotel. A business center is available for a fee. This smoke-free property also offers 2 meeting/conference rooms, offsite parking (surcharge), and limo/town car service.
- 24-hour front desk
- Conference space
- Business center
- Free WiFi
- Dry cleaning/laundry service
- Limo or Town Car service available
- Valet parking (surcharge)
- Smoke-free property
- Conference space size (meters) - 22
- Luggage storage
- Breakfast available (surcharge)
- Number of restaurants - 2
- Concierge services
- Conference space size (feet) - 240
- Airport transportation
- Laundry facilities
- Total number of rooms - 233
- One meeting room
- Number of floors - 12
- Number of buildings/towers - 1
- Multilingual staff
- Free newspapers in lobby
Family Friendly Amenities
- Family Hotel
- Free Wi-Fi
- Laundry facilities
- Cribs/infant beds (complimentary)
Available in all rooms: Free WiFi
Available in some public areas: Free WiFi
Valet parking (surcharge)
- In-room safe (laptop compatible)
- Free cribs/infant beds
- Premium TV channels
- Air conditioning
- Free weekday newspaper
- Free local calls
- Coffee/tea maker
- Daily housekeeping
- Hair dryer
- Shower/tub combination
- Satellite TV service
- Partially open bathroom
- Rollaway/extra beds (surcharge)
- Free WiFi
Where to Eat
Chicago Carry Out - Full breakfast and fast food. Open from early morning until evening seven days a week.
Thai Spoon Restaurant - Pan-Asian cuisine, sushi bar, and cocktail bar. Open for lunch and dinner seven days a week.
If you have requests for specific accessibility needs, please note them at check-out when you book your room.
- Accessible bathroom
- Roll-in shower
- In-room accessibility
Check-in time starts at 3 PM
Minimum check-in age is 21
Check-out time is 11 AM
Children and extra beds
- Children are welcome.
- Kids stay free! Children 16 years old and younger stay free when using existing bedding.
- Rollaway/extra beds are available for USD 10 per day.
- Free cribs (infant beds)!
- Pets not allowed
You need to know
Extra-person charges may apply and vary depending on property policy.
- Breakfast fee: between USD 10 and USD 20 for adults, USD 5 and USD 10 for children (approximately)
- Valet parking fee: USD 39 per day (in/out privileges)
- Rollaway bed fee: USD 10 per day
- Travelodge Downtown
- Travelodge Hotel
- Travelodge Hotel Downtown
- Travelodge Hotel Downtown Chicago
- Travelodge Downtown Chicago
We should mention
Children 16 years old and younger stay free when occupying the parent or guardian's room, using existing bedding.