Why buy travel insurance?
CheapTickets wants every trip to be the best it can be. That’s why we’ve partnered with Allianz Global Assistance – a world leader in travel insurance and assistance services. Travel insurance from Allianz Global Assistance can provide coverage before and during your trip to help protect the investment you’ve made in your travel plans.
*Top reasons to buy travel insurance
- Financial protection when plans change due to reasons such as covered illness, job loss, severe weather and more.
- Reimbursement of prepaid, non-refundable expenses for covered trip interruptions and cancellations or for the purchase of essential items if luggage is delayed more than 24 hours.
- Emergency medical/dental reimbursement for covered expenses incurred while on your trip.
- 24/7 assistance hotline and concierge services.
*See policy for more details.
2 easy ways to buy travel insurance
We recommend that you purchase your travel insurance program as early as possible to maximize the benefits you’ll receive.
1) If you have not yet booked your trip, simply select travel insurance when you buy your trip/ticket on Cheaptickets.com.
2) If you have already booked your trip, you can still purchase travel insurance up until the day before departure.
When you purchase a plan from Allianz Global Assistance, you have a review period determined by your state of residence, to examine coverage details. If for any reason, you wish to cancel your plan during the review period, we will refund your premium as long as you haven’t filed a claim or departed for your trip/event.
Terms, conditions and exclusions apply. Insurance plans may not be available to residents of all states. For questions regarding coverage, please contact Allianz Global Assistance.
Insurance coverage is underwritten by BCS Insurance Company (OH, Administrative Office: Oakbrook Terrace, IL), rated “A-” (Excellent) by A.M. Best Co., under BCS Form No. 52.201 series or 52.401 series, or Jefferson Insurance Company (NY, Administrative Office: Richmond, VA), rated “A” (Excellent) by A.M. Best Co., under Jefferson Form No. 101-C series or 101-P series, depending on the insured’s state. Allianz Global Assistance and Allianz Travel Insurance are brands of AGA Service Company. AGA Service Company is the licensed producer and administrator of this plan and an affiliate of Jefferson Insurance Company. The insured shall not receive any special benefit or advantage because of the affiliation between AGA Service Company and Jefferson Insurance Company.