Why buy travel insurance?
CheapTickets wants every trip to be the best it can be. That’s why we’ve partnered with Allianz Global Assistance – a world leader in travel insurance and assistance services. Travel insurance from Allianz Global Assistance can provide coverage before and during your trip to help protect the investment you’ve made in your travel plans.
*Top reasons to buy travel insurance
- Financial protection when plans change due to reasons such as covered illness, job loss, severe weather and more.
- Reimbursement of prepaid, non-refundable expenses for covered trip interruptions and cancellations or for the purchase of essential items if luggage is delayed more than 24 hours.
- Emergency medical/dental reimbursement for covered expenses incurred while on your trip.
- 24/7 assistance hotline and concierge services.
*See policy for more details.
2 easy ways to buy travel insurance
We recommend that you purchase your travel insurance program as early as possible to maximize the benefits you’ll receive.
1) If you have not yet booked your trip, simply select travel insurance when you buy your trip/ticket on Cheaptickets.com.
2) If you have already booked your trip, you can still purchase travel insurance up until the day before departure.
Q: Why should I purchase travel insurance?
A: Travel protection insures your prepaid and nonrefundable tickets, accommodations and other travel expenses should an unexpected covered reason cause you to miss your trip. Many travelers who didn't purchase travel insurance have found themselves without recourse and shouldering the expense when the unexpected occurs. Trip protection can also include:
- Reimbursement for unexpected travel expenses you may incur
- Medical and dental reimbursement in case of medical emergencies
- Arrangement and payment for emergency medical evacuations and repatriations
- 24-hour access to emergency medical referrals and assistance
Q: Who is Allianz Global Assistance?
A: Allianz Global Assistance is a global leader in specialty insurance and emergency assistance services. We are there to help you wherever you may be 24/7/365. We are owned by Allianz S.E., one of the largest companies in the world serving 76 million+ customers in 70 countries. The U.S. operation, one of 28 business units, serves major travel suppliers, health insurers, credit card, and entertainment companies with insurance products, international travel assistance, and concierge services.
Q: What is the guarantee?
A: When you purchase a plan from Allianz Global Assistance, you have a review period determined by your state of residence, to examine coverage details. If for any reason, you wish to cancel your plan during the review period, we will refund your premium as long as you haven’t filed a claim or departed for your trip/event.
Q: Is my travel protection cancelled automatically if I cancel my travel arrangements?
A: No. Please contact Allianz Global Assistance as soon as possible at Allianz Global Assistance online to make any changes and/or cancellations to your travel protection.
Q: If I cancel my trip, will I get all of my money back?
A: Trip cancellation coverage refunds prepaid, nonrefundable payments if you have to cancel your trip for one of the reasons covered by your policy. Covered reasons may include, but are not limited to, the following: sudden medical emergencies, financial default of a covered airline, cruise line or tour operator, bad weather, terrorist incidents, and jury duty. Changing your mind about taking a trip, for example, is not covered. If you cancel your trip for a covered reason, you must notify your travel supplier(s) within 72 hours of the occurrence, otherwise the right to compensation will lapse. Please refer to the terms and conditions of your policy to see which covered reasons are included.
Q: Are existing medical conditions covered?
A: Yes, on select products, we offer existing medical condition coverage. In order to have existing medical conditions covered, generally the following criteria must be met:
- You must be a US resident who is medically able to travel on the date you purchase your plan
- You must purchase trip cancellation coverage that covers the full cost of all of your non-refundable trip arrangements
- Your plan must be purchased within 14 days of your original trip deposit or initial payment date unless otherwise specified in your participation plan
Coverage limits may vary based upon your chosen plan. Please see your Certificate of Insurance / Policy for terms, conditions and exclusions
When you purchase a plan from Allianz Global Assistance, you have a review period determined by your state of residence, to examine coverage details. If for any reason, you wish to cancel your plan during the review period, we will refund your premium as long as you haven’t filed a claim or departed for your trip/event.
Terms, conditions and exclusions apply. Insurance plans may not be available to residents of all states. For questions regarding coverage, please contact Allianz Global Assistance.
Insurance coverage is underwritten by BCS Insurance Company (OH, Administrative Office: Oakbrook Terrace, IL), rated “A-” (Excellent) by A.M. Best Co., under BCS Form No. 52.201 series or 52.401 series, or Jefferson Insurance Company (NY, Administrative Office: Richmond, VA), rated “A” (Excellent) by A.M. Best Co., under Jefferson Form No. 101-C series or 101-P series, depending on the insured’s state. Allianz Global Assistance and Allianz Travel Insurance are brands of AGA Service Company. AGA Service Company is the licensed producer and administrator of this plan and an affiliate of Jefferson Insurance Company. The insured shall not receive any special benefit or advantage because of the affiliation between AGA Service Company and Jefferson Insurance Company.