Search for flights
Los Angeles Flights
The Los Angeles International Airport is the primary destination for both international and domestic Los Angeles flights. Among the other five airports that exist in the Los Angeles area, this is by far the busiest hub, with the added benefit of securing lower fares. Burbank Airport serves flights to Los Angeles with a destination closer to the San Fernando Valley. Flights destined for Orange County can utilize Santa Ana Airport. With the heavy traffic in Los Angeles, taxis and buses may not be the fastest way for visitors to get to hotels from the airport. Shuttles are frequently available, with the option of transporting guests directly to a rental car. When booking flights to Los Angeles, be sure to inquire at hotels about complimentary shuttle services, since many hotels offer transportation services.
Los Angeles Weather
Crowned with palms and belted by magnificent beaches, Los Angeles weather is typically subtropical. With some rainfall between December and March, temperatures do not normally fall below 15C, even during winter. Summers are long with the heat simmering close 30C on average from June until October. Expect plenty of sun after Los Angeles flights, and prepare to feel the consequences if you forget to bring a hat and sunscreen. Be sure to take regular breaks indoors to beat the Los Angeles summer heat. On cooler days, pack a light jacket to protect against breezy conditions on the coast. Bring durable hiking boots if you plan to explore the outlying natural regions.
Getting Around Los Angeles
Car rental is among the best options for navigating Los Angeles. The city is sprawled over a large area, so driving will no doubt require some familiarity with the streets and plenty of time for comprehensive sightseeing tours. Be wary of traffic jams that are frequent along the Los Angeles freeway system. Subways and bus routes are available, and are generally a safe bet for the most popular tourist destinations. The Metroline is a great way to get around between core neighborhoods including Koreatown, Hollywood, and Pasadena. The Metrolink buses service the surrounding suburbs. Motorcycles are a popular way of getting around the canyon roads near Los Angeles, and owe some popularity to the frequent romanticizing of the L.A. biker culture.
Los Angeles Attractions
- Weave through the maze of American and Spanish architecture in downtown Los Angeles. Explore the shops, restaurants, and museums of Chinatown and Little Tokyo, stroll down the historic Mexican heritage Olvera Street, or experience the downtown Art Walk.
- Discover some of the remaining Hispanic cultural city life, catch an indie rock show or browse antique shops on Sunset Junction, savor dishes at the eclectic bakeries and ethnic restaurants, or take a stroll or paddleboat through one of the urban parks on the Eastside.
- Visit the Cabrillo Marino Aquarium along the harbor, take a ferry trip to Catalina Island where you can take a cycling or walking tour and even scuba dive in Casino Point or Lovers' Cove.
- Revel in the city's famous entertainment district by checking out Hollywood Boulevard's Walk of Fame, watching a movie at the world-famous Grauman's Chinese Theater, spelunk in the world-class music stores, and spot some stars on the ground and in the sky along scenic Mulholland Drive.
- Bask on the golden sands of Venice Beach, take a local cruise from Marina del Rey's Fisherman's Village, discover the famous glitzy neighborhoods of Beverly Hills and Bel Air, and finish off the day with a scrumptious dinner at one of the ethnic restaurants.
Cheap flights to Los Angeles
Refunds/changes/cancellations: Itinerary changes, if permitted for the fare, will have a $30 service fee charged by CheapTickets. Additional airline charges may apply.
Other conditions: Schedules, fares and rules are subject to change without notice. Seats are limited and may not be available on all flights/dates or in all markets. Lower fares may be available. Fares will not be honored retroactively or in exchange for any wholly/partially unused ticket. Tickets are non-transferable and non-refundable. Fare rules are provided for the selected itinerary before booking.