It’s that time of year again, when the hottest travel destinations are the places with the most snow. If you’re looking for cheap flights and hotels so you can hit the slopes, check out these tips first. The folks at Christy Sports have some advice for making your ski vacation cheaper.
1. Avoid peak holiday periods. Christmas, New Years and Presidents Day are popular times for ski vacations, which generally means that airline tickets and hotels are more expensive. Try to plan your ski vacation at less popular time.
2. Book your lift tickets early. Discounts on lift tickets typically are available through mid November.
3. Consider renting ski equipment. With most airlines now charging higher fees for oversized baggage, it may cost less to rent skis at your destination. And don’t forget to make rental arrangements early. Often, discounts are available when you rent skis ahead of time.
4. Order from the bar menu. When dining out, ask if the restaurant has a bar menu. Bar portions generally are not much smaller than dinner portions, but can be much cheaper. The bar also can offer a fun dining ambiance.
5. Book your ski vacation on CheapTickets. Ok, so that’s not from Christy Sports — that’s from us. But you know that CheapTickets has deals on hotels and cheap flights to Denver, Salt Lake City and other top ski resort destinations.