Q. What’s the best day or time to visit a museum on your New York City vacation?
A. When admission is free.
That’s right — many New York museums offer free admission at specific times or on certain days. And with some of the world’s greatest art and exhibits just steps from your New York hotel, it’s easy to take it all in. Below are the details for each major museum.
- New Museum (Thursday evenings from 7-10 p.m.)
- Museum of Modern Art MOMA (every Friday from 4–8 p.m.)
- New York Historical Society (every day from 6-8 p.m.)
- The Jewish Museum (every Saturday)
- Museum of the City of New York (10 a.m. and 12 p.m.)
Last Hour of every day
- American Museum of Natural History (4:45-5:45 p.m.)
- Paley Center, formerly the Museum of Television and Radio (5-6 p.m.)
- Neue Galerie
- Museum of Sex